Sunday, March 1, 2009

Self-Portrait


For this assignment in Principles of Photography, we had to shoot an environmental self-portrait and a conceptual photograph.  We had to be present in the environmental shot.  The conceptual shot was supposed to depict something representative of ourself.  Since I don't actually like to be photographed, and am quite sure that I am on the correct side of the camera, I found the environmental self-portrait to be rather challenging.  I chose to only show my profile to demonstrate my shyness at being photographed.  The bubble represents my fun side, but since it is a perfect bubble it also shows that I am a perfectionist.  The bright colors inside the bubble demonstrate my vibrant personality.  I backed up a   playful scene with strong pillars to show that I have strength.  For the conceptual shot I photographed a gutter flower.  I can't think of anything stronger, or more defiant than a flower growing through concrete.  I know that I have the ability to face adversity and always survive.  I also believe that everyone has at least two sides to their personality and that is represented by the two stems this flower has. 

1 comment:

  1. And if anybody reading this is doubting that she's actually a perfectionist I am here to confirm that she is. . . (a perfectionist and the best bay partner you could hope to have in the studio)

    ReplyDelete